Monday, September 1, 2008

CD4/SD4/LD6-IVF#4

To all you other IVF folk out there, I have questions for you.

I saw a video blog of someone giving themselves injections of their meds.  It looked to me like they were using an intramuscular needle for their stims and such ( I could be wrong, but the needle looked big).  I have only ever used the subcutaneous.  How about you?  What size needles are you using?  Do you know of any benefits (other than the obvious, OUCH!) to using one over the other?



[gallery]

What about anti-rejection drugs?   I know that if you do ICSI or Assisted Hatching you get one.  Have you heard of one that make your womb "stickier"?  What protocols are you on?  If you were successful what worked for you?

What say you!

5 comments:

  1. I was told to use the subcutaneous needle, its odd that some people would use the other kind for stimming, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about my new protocol yet. I do know that I did lupron last time and they are switching me to Syneral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always used subcutaneous needles for my stims.... where'd you see that someone was using intramuscular needles?.... maybe someone should tell her she doesnt need to do that. ouch!
    Anyway, I'm on my 3rd IVF and was a poor responder in the past (only 6 and 3 eggs retrieved during my first two cycles) so this time they did the "flare"protocol and they got 9 eggs and put back 3 at day 3. I'll know if it worked in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tiny needles for microdose Lupron and the pen for my Follistim. The needle for the menopur looks a little bigger than the other 2 but definitely not as big as the PIO needle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About 2 hours ago, I had an IM needle into my thigh for a lupron depo shot. It's the more common protocol for the clinic I'm at to use this instead of a series of daily lupron shots.
    I guess it depends on which shots she was giving.
    Oddly enough, I find them less painful with no aftershot swelling at all compared to the SC shot.

    ReplyDelete