Saturday, September 6, 2008

CD9/SD9/LD11-IVF#4

I went looking for legislation on infertility being treated like any other disease by insurance companies.  I found this website.  Obviously that is important to me especially as my insurance coverage rapidly comes to and end, and with it my hopes of having a biological child.  Will you take a moment and check out the information below?  Thanks.

I found some information on this website:  Resolve

**********************************************************************************************************

Contact your senator about Supporting Coverage of Infertility Treatment:



https://secure2.convio.net/res/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=132

**********************************************************************************************************

Contact your representative about Supporting HR2892--Infertility Treatment Coverage Legislation:



https://secure2.convio.net/res/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=159

**********************************************************************************************************

Here is a link to the Bill:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-2892&tab=summary

**********************************************************************************************************

Some reading for friends and family about infertility:

fact_sheet_6_family_and_friends

The ADA recognizes infertility, why don't the insurance companies?  They claim having children is a lifestyle choice?  Well it is not my lifestyle choice to be childless...Anyway, I'll get off my soap box for now...but only because I'm tired.

Thanks!  I appreciate you taking the time to check this out.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you all the best with the IVF treatments. They do need to include treatments in insurance. Evevn if it is half it woud still help alot. GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete