Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cycle Day 10

I spent last night obsessing.  No surprise there right.  Why?  Well, the reason I had a hysteroscopy the first time was because I had been spotting between cycles and didn't know why.  They did an ultrasound and found my lining to be 11.4.  It should have been less than 5.  So they scheduled a D&C and hysteroscopy to see if there were polyps, fibroid, tumors and other unwanted items that would be causing the bleeding.  Well tests and pictures came back clean so what could it be?  She didn't know, thinks it's probably hormonal, check with my RE.  So, after the D&C I didn't have a cycle for like 6 weeks or something so we induced with Provera.  Worked like a charm.  Then a month later I had my first natural cycle.  I am just off this cycle but I am still spotting.  Now, it doesn't take a genius to realize you can't drop in embryos in a uterus that is continuing to shed and cause spotting.  So, I started researching and discovered an underactive thyroid would cause this.  It would also cause some of the other issues I'm having.  The good news is, it is so easily treated that it wouldn't cause an issue with the IVF.  In fact it is one of the things they watch during the first weeks of pregnancy.  The baby relies on the mother's thyroid, so it grows to sustain the baby until it develops it's own after about 10 weeks, then shrinks back down.   So obviously, they have to keep that in check.  I called the RE today and asked two things.  1.  Did they do a full thyroid blood panel when they did the other blood tests.  2.  Would it be OK to go camping after the hysteroscopy.  Since there would be no running water or bathrooms.  I am concerned about pain, what bleeding might occur and infections.  I may still be able to go camping, but I probably won't get to float down the river.  That's fine.  I didn't get to last year either.  They said the nurse would call me back in the next 24 hours.  No call back today.  I'll call them tomorrow morning and tell them WHEN the nurse calls me back TODAY, to do so on my cell.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

P.S.

I'm out of town for the next couple of days, so there may or may not be any posts.  But, have no fear!  I shall return.  I know, I know.  You can breathe now.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't have any pain at all after the hysteroscopy and I don't remember bleeding either... if there was any, it couldn't have been much. The aftermath and recovery of the H-scope was just fine with no pain or infection, at least in my case. I'd still stick with camping, if I were you. :-) Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pain after the hysteroscopy, some bleeding but not much. Humboldt would be fine.....take me please. I wouldn't go down the river just in case. Oh ya...peeing in the woods would be fine too....just don't step in any dog doo-doo...lol!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. DON'T GO CAMPING MY DEAR FRIEND, STAY AT HOME AND RELAX. YOUR BODY HAS JUST BEEN THROUGH ALLOT. GO CAMPING NEXT TIME!!! YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU!! THIS IS NO JOKE AND NOTHING TO BE IGNORED. CALL ME IF YOU WANT TO TALK OR CRY OR WHATEVER!!! I AM A FEMALE TOO AND OUR BODIES GO THROUGH SO MUCH!! NOW THAT I HAVE REACHED THAT RIPE AGE WE HAVE TO DO THAT BUTT THINGY! YOU KNOW WHERE THEY GO UP YOUR ASS AND LOOK TO SEE WHATS THERE! AS IF I REALLY WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT!! BUT I GOT TO DO WHAT I GOT TO DO!!! LOL
    THE CHANGE OF LIFE IS A TRIP!!! YOU FIND YOURSELF CRYING IF THE GUY ON THE MURRAY POLVICH SHOW WAS NOT THE BABIES DADDY AND SHE WAS ONLY ON THERE 10 TIMES!!!!!! WHAT THE F____!!!!! SO MY DEAR FRIEND WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!!!!!
    DONT GO CAMPING CALL ME I'LL COME OVER AND WE CAN SHARE SOME STORIES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EVERYONES BODY IS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!
    DO NOT GO CAMPING, THAT WOULD BE SO UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TRUST ME I KNOW!!!!!
    YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK YOUR HEALTH !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found your blog. I'd go camping after a hysteroscopy. after mine, i was put on antibiotics and told not to take baths, swim, or have sex for a week. a barely spotted at all. it was really no biggie at all.

    i'll be doing my third ivf cycle end of august.

    good luck and have a great trip!

    Do you mind if I add you to my blogreader?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi just found you on cyclesista :) I'm having another hysteroscopy in a few weeks and almost fell off my chair as I have been wondering whether my thyroid testing was ever done along the way too.

    I think you should go camping too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I don't think you should go camping but that's personally for selfish reasons.LOL

    Just thought you needed a little sci comment on here.

    DONT GO!!!!!!!!!! DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!

    I know I'm talking to myself...

    ReplyDelete