Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Here we go again...

So after a line up of surgeries and recovery not to mention all the other stuff going on in our lives, we have decided to go ahead with the FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer).  Yep.  We're gonna thaw out those pops, (hopefully they will survive the thaw) drop them off and hopefully they will stick around.  I guess I can't really blame the others for not hanging out, it must have been uncomfortable with all that endo taking up space.  We only have two embryos and honestly, they wern't that high a grade, so I'm very worried about their surviving the thaw.

The initial consultation is tomorrow.  I worked on getting all my medical records sent over there before the consult so he has the information.  Since it's been a year since the last endo surgery, I'm thinking they are gonna need to take a look-see inside to see if the endo is back.  I'm hoping no, but I'm not sure and at this point I am not willing to make coin toss guess.  I think it is, but what do I know...

Then I guess we decide if it's gonna be a "natural" cycle or a drugged one.  We'll see I guess.

So, my fear and freak out level is pretty high.  Paranoid.  Cautious.  All those things are playing up.  Anxious is another good one.  I find myself tapping my fingers or foot a lot.  I haven't woken up gripping my blankets  like was was before, but I have notice some fist clenching during TV consumption.

To combat some of this I think I've started walking again, trying to work off some of this excess spaziness.  I downloaded a bunch of audio books so that will be nice.

Hopefully my issues with CIGNA won't get in my way of this round, but I guess we'll see.  Washington should invite a bunch of fertility challenged people up to speak about health care and insurance companies.  I'm sure we'd have a lot to say!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you today. Sending you my love and hugs, wishing I could be there with you and the man, holding your other hand :-)

    You are strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear things haven't gone well, dear. But happy you two are still on that path.

    Good luck with everything. Glad to see the blog is back open. Got locked outta the other :/ =

    ReplyDelete