Friday, January 29, 2010

Day-o, Da-a-ay-o

Had a lovely visit with Dr. N today.  His staff is WONDERFUL.  He is WONDERFUL.  I can't say enough nice things about them.

So what day-o is the surgery on?  Dunno.  Could be the 3rd, yep as in Wednesday.  Could be the 10th.  Could be any date in between.  I'll know more on Monday when I go for pre-op.

They are all for not having me have surgery on my birthday.  I said I was OK with it.  I'd come with tiaras, noise makers and sashes.  (The nurses loved this idea.  I like it my own self.) Thing is, if they do it on the 10th I get to do the bowel prep (more on bowel prep) on my birthday.  Baaaybeeeeeee, lemme tell you what! I would rather have them cut. me. open. on my birfday than do a bowl prep that day!  That's not even true.  I'd rather do ANYTHING ELSE than a bowl prep, evar!

Dr. N was like, "No, no no!  Not on your birthday!  We'll do it the 3rd.  You should have a good birthday."

Nurse:  Well I don't know if that time is available I need to call.  (she leaves to call)

Me: Thanks Dr. N.  (Waits for him to walk away.   A few minutes later nurse returns)

Nurse: I can't get a hold of them.  There are only two people there so they are really busy, but I'll keep calling and let you know.  Come in on Monday for your pre-op.

Me:  (looking around to make sure Dr. N is gone because I don't want to hurt his feelings) You know, my husband is planning a party for me on the 6th.  I mean I guess we can reschedule it or I can sit on the couch and play queen and have them surround me and bring me ish.

Nurse:  That's fun!

So I leave, go to Pinkberry's and sit in the parking lot eating my original swirly goodness with granola, mango and kiwi, thinking about my options.  I started on my way when I remembered mom-in-law and hubs are coming for the party on the 6th.  Frak!

I call the nurse back.

Me: Hai!  It's me again.  I think the 10th would be better for me.  I just rememberd the inlaws are flying in for the par-tay.

Nurse: Oh OK.

Me:  But you know how you said he does surgeries at different facilities?  Can you check dates there, too?  Maybe we can find a better alternative.

Nurse: Yeah, sure!  I'll take a look and get back to you.

Me: Great!  Sorry to be a troublesome patient.

Nurse: OH! You are so not!

Me:  Thank you!  Can I bring you some lemons?  I have a tree...

Anyway, so I go in Monday for the pre-op and then we'll know what date.  I'll wait until Monday to stop taking my meds.  I mean, when you're allergic to cats and have 4 of them, not to mention the dust and mold allergies...You REALLY don't want to stop taking them.

Honestly, I'm not that opposed to the surgery being on the 3rd.  Soon is good, just in case it's not the endo that is causing the spotting to return.  We need to figure out what it is.  It shouldn't be as extensive as it was last time to recovery should be easier.  Although, I have an apt with the fertility clinic for an exam on the 2nd @ 2:00 p.m. and I don't know how that would work with the bowl prep.  (Did you get that? 2/2 @2? HA!) That may need to be rescheduled.

I could vacillate on the dates all night long so, I'm gonna end it here.  Any thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I think you should do it on the 3rd and be a queen for your b-day...That way I will know you aren't doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! I LIKE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] Finally Dr. N shows up with his team.  He goes through what he intends to do asks if I have any questions and I shake my head no.  Then he leans in close and says, “Where did you get those delicious lemons?” [...]

    ReplyDelete